Can't install Windows 7 on my Netbook (Samsung NC110 A03)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by Rakoen, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Rakoen

Rakoen New Member

Hello everyone!

I thought my Netbook deserved a fresh install and so I started formatting my HD's with GParted. NTFS all in one HD of course.
    Well I fixed my bootable ISO with the original Windows MSDN on my USB stick and it all worked perfect.
    UNTIL I had to restart my computer.

First I got this error: "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware."
    Then, when I restart my Netbook again, it gives me this error: "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

I've tried a lot, messed around in my BIOS, tried reinstalls of multiple versions of Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Windows 7 Starter (32bit only), Windows 7 Enterprise and much more. It simply all gives me the same ****ing error I really don't like it. I need my Netbook to be working very soon please help me out.

Thanks!
    Rakoen

2. kaos

kaos Senior Member

Hi and welcome

where did you get the versions of windows from ( to dertine if it will work )

3. Rakoen

Rakoen New Member

Like I've said it is the original MSDN release and I've used it many times before perfectly working. However, I must say that this is the first time I install Windows through a USB stick. But beside of that, I think that doesn't have anything to do with it. As it seems to be installed successfully, only the configurating part fails. I can even start explorer (USB Unplugged) from there if I use the command prompt with Shift + F10.

4. NaiyaShamiso

NaiyaShamiso New Member

How did you transfer the install from the .iso to the USB stick?

5. kaos

kaos Senior Member

to make it easier there is a program called Universal USB installer, it installs isos to usb and make them bootable

6. Rakoen

Rakoen New Member

Okay after a lot of research I finally found out what the problem was.

I was using the YUMI MultiBoot USB Creator software, great piece I must say.
    However, it seems like it had a problem with the Windows installation.
    I found out that the setup completes successfully when I remove my USB-stick when the setup makes it first restart.

So I hope this will help people with the same problem. Thanks for your help everyone.

7. kaos

kaos Senior Member

your welcome

any time :)

8. NaiyaShamiso

NaiyaShamiso New Member

Sweet...Microsoft make software to do that as well. I used it, and it works really well. It even works with SD media.