Windows 7 Can't install Windows 7 on my Netbook (Samsung NC110 A03)

Rakoen

Hello everyone!

I thought my Netbook deserved a fresh install and so I started formatting my HD's with GParted. NTFS all in one HD of course.
Well I fixed my bootable ISO with the original Windows MSDN on my USB stick and it all worked perfect.
UNTIL I had to restart my computer.

First I got this error: "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware."
Then, when I restart my Netbook again, it gives me this error: "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

I've tried a lot, messed around in my BIOS, tried reinstalls of multiple versions of Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Windows 7 Starter (32bit only), Windows 7 Enterprise and much more. It simply all gives me the same ****ing error I really don't like it. I need my Netbook to be working very soon please help me out.

Thanks!
Rakoen

Hi and welcome

where did you get the versions of windows from ( to dertine if it will work )

Like I've said it is the original MSDN release and I've used it many times before perfectly working. However, I must say that this is the first time I install Windows through a USB stick. But beside of that, I think that doesn't have anything to do with it. As it seems to be installed successfully, only the configurating part fails. I can even start explorer (USB Unplugged) from there if I use the command prompt with Shift + F10.

to make it easier there is a program called Universal USB installer, it installs isos to usb and make them bootable

Okay after a lot of research I finally found out what the problem was.

I was using the YUMI MultiBoot USB Creator software, great piece I must say.
However, it seems like it had a problem with the Windows installation.
I found out that the setup completes successfully when I remove my USB-stick when the setup makes it first restart.

So I hope this will help people with the same problem. Thanks for your help everyone.

Sweet...Microsoft make software to do that as well. I used it, and it works really well. It even works with SD media.

Back