Windows 7 Can't install windows 7 ultimate

skeptic

I bought my windows 7 on physical DVDs. The ultimate x64 OEM Dvds fresh out of the box.
I deleted my hard drive partition and formatted my hard drive to wipe it clean. Now when I try to install Windows 7 onto my computer, the DVD boots and the installation begins. The installation will complete the "Copying windows files" task in seconds, but sticks at 34% on "Expanding files" for about 30 mintues. I will then receive an error that reads "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the application. Error code: 0x80070017".

I researched this error but couldn't find a resolution. One suggestion was to download my hard drive's drivers onto a pen drive and load them in the installation, but this didn't help.

I also tried installing Windows XP Home and received the same problem.
and im 100% sure the dvd is fine because i also copied the entire dvd into my laptop and it was copied cleanly

The error in this case has nothing to do with the copy. I have used many different Windows 7 builds, many different DVDs, burning at different speeds, all producing the same problem.

I really don't know what to do, I just want to get my computer up and running again!

here is scren shot where its stick Link Removed - Invalid URL

in google searches. i found a guys with exactly same problem as me.
and what they were always talking about is "HyperTransport" related to bios but i couldn't find anything in bios with this name.
his answer so solve the case was: "there are two options in the BIOS Setup called K8 <-> KN HT Speed and K8 <-> KN HT Width both as Auto . The thing is: I've heard that maybe the problem was related to HyperTransport . So I've put K8 <-> KN HT Speed to 1x and K8 <-> KN HT Width to 8 8 "

so what should i do ?

Last edited:
I was JUST about to write that...! To open and close the CD tray.... LOL just kidding! I would never have though of that. I would have given you solutions and links trying to figure out what's wrong. Sometimes the most simplest of solutions is right in front of us... and can be solved with the blink of a tray... uhhh, I mean the blink of an eye! :)

Back