Windows 7 Cant install windows 7

trenmost

Hi!

I have a lenovo thinkpad edge e125. I downloaded a Win7 x64 professional iso from MSDNA using my license, and created a bootable pen drive. I select the drives, format them, and start the installation, but thats where the problem occurs: The setup gets stuck at "Installing features ..." every single time.

please help me solve this problem!

specs:
cpu: amd e-450
ram: 4gb 1333mhz ddr3

I really can't say what is wrong, but did you run Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor prior and did it tell you anything?

You might try removing the pen drive during or after the first reboot.

You might try disabling onboard devices in the bios, like Bluetooth.

If you are formatting the drive, how are you setting it up? Are you using the Legacy Boot and not the UEFI? You only really have to set up the Windows 7 partition. You can do other things from Disk Management after you have successfully installed.

If you get to where it asks for a key, do not enter one and uncheck "Activate when online".

There are some log files, the next time you do an install, on the second page after the Language selection, hit Shift+F10 to see if any of the logs listed in the link are present. The bottom of the logs might give you a hint as to some device causing a problem, and I usually look at setupact.log or any others that might be present.

Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Vista setup log file locations

Back
Top Bottom