Windows 7 Can't install

ssally

So I had Solid Edge ST5 on my Win 7 64bit, but I had to downgrade, because my school uses ST4. That may not help, but my problems is, that I uninstalled the newer version(ST5). Now, when I try installing the older version(ST4), it says that I have another version still on, but I don't. So, in short can't install new one, because it says i already have it. I already tried CCleaner, for uninstalling other one, but can't find it and also the registry cleaner in CCleaner.
Any advice?

Try Ccleaner CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download and see if that cleans it up. If not reinstall the original version then download Revo Uninstaller Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller and see if that solves the problem. Something is getting left behind in the uninstall.
Joe

I think Revo unistaller is one of the best. The Microsoft team that worked on my PC used it. If you only need it for use you can do the free trial. If this didn't work for me, I would try and search this problem on Google or Bing. You most likely will find others have had the same issue. You might just be able to find where exactly in your registry the leftover files are. But make sure to use extreme caution, Deleting even one wrong file/folder from your registry could end up making you have a problem far worse than you have now. If none of this works maybe calling the company that makes the software would be the best option.

There are some of the best people that could help you with this problem right here on these forums. It is just a matter of putting in the time, asking the right questions, and providing enough info for the many geniuses, guru's and professionals on these forums to solve almost anything. Good luck and if you do find out how to fix the issue and you gt it fixed be sure to come back to this thread and let us all know how you did it. Any new info on solving an issue could make it that much easier for someone else to fix this same problem a lot easier.

Back