Windows 7 Can't keep Taskbar 'down'

Nisko

My Taskbar doesn't always recede (automatically hide) out of site. It seems to have something to do with what programs are open or what state they're in - but I can't figure out the pattern. Could someone help me by telling me what to do to hide my taskbar when I want it hidden. Thanks...........

Try unchecking "Auto-hide the taskbar", click OK, then recheck it and click Ok again. Also, restart computer after all this.

In XP, deleting all files in Windows\Prefetch Folder and restarting helped others with this problem. I didn't see it as a solution for Windows 7 but it can't hurt to try. Do it.

Thanks - but I've tried all that. It works but it is a PITA. I was hoping for some other solution.

I haven't tried that yet - but what would that prove? I have had this problem for several MS operating systems. I would think that MANY people would have had the same problem and there would be a solution. It seems to have something to do with open programs that are waiting for some sort of action - but I haven't been able to pin it down.

Back