Can't log in do to shift key sticking virus

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by fl3xagon, Jul 26, 2012.

1. fl3xagon

fl3xagon New Member

I was infected by a virus. It makes the shift key get repeatedly pressed over and over. This happened to me before and I solved it by scanning with MalwareBytes and AVG. When I went to scan with MalwareBytes it needed updating, so I let it. Unluckily for me MalwareBytes thought it would be kind and restart the computer without my consent. Now, due to the virus, I can't login to my account to do anything, even in safe mode. I have no reset disk or anything that can help me get in. Please help.

2. alberto

alberto New Member

Do you know what this virus is called? I tried a quick google search and came up empty... Might give us a few more details on how to help you out!

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Would the Onscreen keyboard help? You may have to unplug the other keyboard if it is causing problems, if you can.

4. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

I studied this a bit, and I wouldn't be sure it's a virus. I'd be inclined to believe that it is a mechanical fault = dirt in the keyboard, most likely, or a failure in keyboard structure = keyboard is dying. I suggest you unplug everything, do a thorough cleanup. If it's a desktop, try another keyboard and mouse.