Windows 7 Can't Login or restart in safe mode.

Jazz

New Member
I needed to disable user accounts to use new software I installed, and was confused (obv) and disabled all accounts.

I am unable to login now -notification "your account has been disabled" "please see your system administrator"

I can not relog in safe mode (F8).

What is my next step to a) access admin controls? or do a reinstall.

OK I was able to create a new account but need to know how to enable the user account I disabled.

This is not the slider bar function.

I checked a box to disable. I have no idea how I got to the screen where I did this.
 
Last edited:
Try check in Control panel > User Accounts and see if it shows up here and alows you to enable it.

Does this directory still exist:

C:\Users\yourusername?
 
User is not visible in control panel, however directory exists.

I may just do a system restore.

The problem started with this software (combined with my inexperience)
postgre

this install advises "you should disable User Access Control in your Control Panel - Users section" to properly install Postgre

I disabled all accounts.

If this means the slider - that appears to me to just be notifications and adjusting that alone did not work, but when I disabled accounts it did work.

I will be sending a lengthy note the the software developer and work on re-installing it at a later time. Personally this looks dangerous to grant access like this.
 
The User Access control is totally different from disabling user accounts.

I'd suggest you do a a system Restore to the time before you installed this software.

I'd also find out if this PostgreSQ is compatible with Windows 7.
 
User is not visible in control panel, however directory exists.

I may just do a system restore.

The problem started with this software (combined with my inexperience)
postgre

this install advises \"you should disable User Access Control in your Control Panel - Users section\" to properly install Postgre

I disabled all accounts.

If this means the slider - that appears to me to just be notifications and adjusting that alone did not work, but when I disabled accounts it did work.

I will be sending a lengthy note the the software developer and work on re-installing it at a later time. Personally this looks dangerous to grant access like this.


  • You can try elevated Command Prompt troubleshoot to re-enable the disabled account.
  1. Click Start and in Search for progarms and files box type CMD
  2. Press SHIFT+CTRL and ENTER
  3. Click Yes to proceed
  4. The elevated command prompt will appear as C:\Windows\System32>
  5. At the command prompt type the command to activate or re-enable the disabled account a shown below:
  6. C:\Windows\System32>Net user USERNAME password /active:yes
Hope thsi helps
 
Last edited:
Back
Top