Windows 7 Can't print - no errors, but no printing with HP L7555

schroedingerx

Hey, all.

I've got an HP OfficeJet Pro L7555 (USB connection) that worked like a champ under Vista x64. I've got Windows 7 build 7100 installed now, and everything else works but this.

Here's the thing, though. I get no errors. Print jobs appear briefly in the spooler and disappear as if they were successful. This printer is an all-in-one; I can scan and do other things...just can't print.

HP doesn't have a Windows 7 driver posted yet. There is one in W7 itself, but obviously it's not working right for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Paul

I have the same problem with both an HP 4600 LaserJet and a Xerox Phaser 6180MFP. I've installed the drivers several times and the test page works, but nothing prints from any application.

Yep.... me too. Same exact printer with the same exact problem WTFO??? I've done everything the HP website suggests and uninstalled then reinstalled the printer at least ten times. HP says they'll have a fix by late Jan 2010.... not holding my breath. And as you note, Win7 thinks everything is working just dandy.

Funny thing is, the scanner does work under Win7.... so the Gxx Damn printer does actually talk to the computer and Win7, but the POS won't print word one.

If anyone else has this problem with HP Officejet Pro and was able to fix it, please let the rest of us know.

Hey, all.

I've got an HP OfficeJet Pro L7555 (USB connection) that worked like a champ under Vista x64. I've got Windows 7 build 7100 installed now, and everything else works but this.

Here's the thing, though. I get no errors. Print jobs appear briefly in the spooler and disappear as if they were successful. This printer is an all-in-one; I can scan and do other things...just can't print.

HP doesn't have a Windows 7 driver posted yet. There is one in W7 itself, but obviously it's not working right for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Paul

Back