Windows 7 can't register dll for use with ActiveXObject

mrtibs

Hi,

I built a .NET application and I'm trying to register it as a dll on my new Windows 7 machine and use it from a JavaScript page.

I made sure I specified a GUID and I made it COM visible in the code. I registered it with "regasm MyAx.dll /codebase /tlb" and I received no error messages (in fact I did receive a warning about requiring a strong name, and I did do that, but it still didn't help me). I then registered it with gacutil.

I'm trying to use the class from a Javascript ActiveXObject call in a web page, and Explorer keeps complaining: "Automation server can't create object". I guess this is because the system can't find the dll.

I performed the same steps on my Windows Vista machine and it worked. Anyone has any ideas why this doesn't work?

Thanks,
T

My guess is perhaps new security in IE8/IE9 (if you have 9 installed)... or a combination of IE/7 security. Can you try running it on IE7 with the site ran from in a trusted zone? Is the dll signed? Is the signature valid?.. 7/IE8 might care about that more. Just my 2 cents..

Back