Windows 7 Can't remove folder

cubano1

I am unable to remove the cyberlink folder from the Program Files folderI am getting the following error message

Capture.JPG

any ideas?

Run task manager and go to processes tab. There you can find the running programs and files. Check if there is any file on process from Cyberlink folder. If found, click and end process. Try removing the folder.

It's obviously Power-DVD? It's a Program Folder, you can't delete it while the program is running, and you may have it running automatically at start?

Why you need to get rid of it, I don't know, but you can't do it that easily in Windows 7 - it's actually for your own protection, in order to prevent accidental deletes.

But, uninstall the program PowerDVD, I recommend using Revo, Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems. Use default settings. That way you'll get rid of it.

You can't really get rid of a folder unless getting rid of the program. Doing so by force may be dangerous.

Good point, Joe. We seem to have a Cyberlink and a Cyberlinc.

Go figure? "Never in the history of mankind has misspelling one word turned out to be so crucial?"

Last edited:
Back