Windows 7 Can't restore backup files after reinstall - pesky Admin rights again :(

TKR99

I've been here before but last time around I was able to copy all my files across from one partition to Win 7 without difficulty - this time it flatly refuses despite all my efforts.

I basically have essential Roboform data files which I backed up manually (just copied from Win 7 to another partition) yesterday. I note now the folder is read only, but I can't change the attributes either. So far I've tried the above, along with trying to get it to work in safe mode, ensured I'm accessing Windows Explorer with administrative rights (that's a laugh!!), and tried copying via another location, all to no avail. :frown:

I'm in desperate need now to get access to Roboform because (stupidly) it holds ALL of my passwords to software installations like Office and other programs that would take me SO much longer to try and get new ones for). But on top of that, it also holds a ton of other safenotes I need to be able to get into but this problem is truly frustrating me. I have an older folder which I would have used only it's got the same issue too, as do many other folders - they've become read only and unless I have some way of getting REAL admin rights I'm not likely to get access anytime soon.

What's the solution to overcoming this problem given I'm likely to be reinstalling on a fairly regular basis?? :confused: Tks

You're a GEM Mike - I'd had that program installed previously but totally forgotten about it, and you're right - it's worked a treat. So thanks a TON - truly appreciate your suggesting it :)
Romayne

Hi

Glad I could help.
I have so much stuff installed on my computer that I totally forget what I have sometimes.
I have spent hours trying to find something that I already have software for.
I suppose being 72 doesn't help either. LOL

Mike

Back