Can't Select Program to Open File With & Battery Indicator Question

Hi - In Windows Explorer, I am trying to select a program to open a file with. I right click and then select "Open With", then select the program's .exe file. However, when I click open, the program I selected doesn't show up in the "Other Programs" list. Also, once I do get it to show up in the "Other Programs" list, will the program automatically show up when I right click and select "Open With"? It does on my other computer. I am trying to open a photo in Photoshop Elements (as a shortcut) and would like the program to show up when I right click as well as show as an option for a program to open the jpeg with from Windows Photo Viewer (as it does on my other computer that is also running Windows 7). Also, I was wondering if there are any Windows settings to change to get the battery indicator on my HP G series laptop to show the estimated time remaining (instead of just the percent amount). Thanks for the help

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.