Can't update Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by wingman, Apr 29, 2009.

1. wingman

wingman New Member

Hello, I recently installed build 7100 x86. Everything is running nice except I can't update Windows. I tried getting windows live mail but it keeps saying internet explorer cannot display page....Even my antivirus ( nod32 ) will not update.
    Does anyone else have this problem with the latest release?

Thanks in advance......:confused:

2. Radenight

Radenight New Member

Are you sure your ethernet driver is working properly? I'm using build 7100 32-bit edition as well and I'm not having any problems getting updates... ;) That's why I ask...

3. wingman

wingman New Member

I can connect to the internet just fine, web suf ect....it's just that I cannot update....I even tried turning off windows firewall nut no luck.........:frown:

4. cmn

cmn New Member

Since this thread remains unaswered for almost 1 hr , I will try by asking what exactly happens when you try Windows Update? Are you getting any error messages? If so, please paste it here verbatim

Making the question a little more elaborate:
    what happens when you click Start >Control panel (Category View)> and click the down arrowhead on the left close to the address bar >All control Panel items> Windows Update ?

Are you getting any error message? If so what?

If you don't have any update to download , you should get a screen like the one attached as JPG.
    If there are any updates it will show up there with a prompt for updating.

5. wingman

wingman New Member

When I go into control panel and into Windows update....I get an error 80244019 - windows encountered an unkown error. My computer has not been updated at all since I installed this version. Like I said even my virus software cannot update either. Any microsoft webpage I go to and try to download something like updates or even windows mail just gets me to " Internet Explorer cannot dispaly the web page ".....:confused:

6. Radenight

Radenight New Member

I would suggest doing a clean install.. wipe the HDD and reinstall.. ;) If you have data to be saved you could create a seperate partition and put all the data there.. or of course burn it all off.. :) Either is fine.. Then just clean install Win 7.. There are other alternatives but this is the one I'd go with.. Hope it helps some... :)

7. wingman

wingman New Member

Okay....I found out my problem...It had something to do with my router....so I tried going straight through to my pc with my modem instead of the router and voila....window updates fine now.

8. Radenight

Radenight New Member

Which router are you using? I actually had to ditch a Dlink router I had been using for years because no matter what I tried it just wouldn't work right with Win 7... ;) I never even thought to check the router... Well I 'm glad you got it figured out!! :)