Car Crash Victim Sues Paramedic Who Stole His Foot

cybercore

She stole his foot -- and now she might have to foot the bill. A former Florida paramedic who snatched a man's severed foot from the scene of a car crash is being sued by the victim.

Cynthia Economou -- a former St. Lucie County Fire District firefighter and paramedic -- admitted that she took Karl Lambert's mangled foot in hopes of using the limb to help train her cadaver-sniffing dog after a wreck on I-95 on Sept. 19, 2008.

She pleaded no contest to petty theft charges and was sentenced to six months' probation. But now Lambert is taking her to court in a civil case, seeking unspecified damages, according to TCPalm.com.

In court documents filed last week, Lambert's attorney, Jack L. Platt, declared Economou's behavior was "outrageous and went beyond the bounds of decency," as well as "odious and utterly intolerable in a civilized society."

During sentencing in 2009, Economou said she only took the mangled appendage for her dog because she didn't think it could be reattached to the victim.

"It was an unrecognizable mass of flesh," she said. "It wasn't a clean cut. You couldn't even recognize it as a foot. ... If I had thought it was somehow reattachable and usable, I would have gone to my commander."

More Car Crash Victim Sues Paramedic Who Stole His Foot

Back
Top Bottom