Ccleaner update

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Version 3.00.1310 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update fixes a bug with extensions on Chrome.

Piriform - Download

A new Version 3.02.1343 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This version improves IE history cleaning for Windows 7, adds cleaning for CloneCD, Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 and ExamDiff, and has other improvements and bug fixes.

A new Version 3.03.1366 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update adds support for K-Meleon, Rockmelt and Chrome Plus, improves Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, Silverlight and Adobe Reader support, as well as other minor improvements and bug fixes.

A new Version 3.04.1389 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update adds support for Windows 7 SP1, adds support for a range of new programs including Comodo Dragon, Songbird and Thunderbird, improves registry cleaning, as well as other minor improvements and bug fixes.

A new Version 3.05.1408 for CCleaner system cleaning utility.
New in Link Removed - Invalid URL support for Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 4.0 and adds Internet Explorer Cached Feeds cleaning.

A new version, 3.06.1433 is available to download!

This update improves Firefox, Opera, Chrome and IE cleaning, adds support for new programs including FileZilla, SmartFTP, and A-Squared, and has several bug fixes.

Download

Last edited:
New Ccleaner out:

v3.07.1457 (26 May 2011)
- Added Flash Player SOL setting file cleaning and management.
- Added Safari Icon history cleaning.
- Added cleaning for Windows Elevated Diagnostics.
- Added cleaning for Kantaris Media Player, KMPlayer, Orbit Downloader, Pando, Sandboxie and Snagit.
- Improved cleaning for XFire, Real Player, Windows Log Files, Macromedia Shockwave 10 and 11.
- Improved Google Chrome thumbnails and favicons cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Saved Form Information cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Save Passwords cleaning.
- Improved Opera Last Download Location cleaning.
- Improved Remote Desktop cleaning.
- Improved Recent Documents cleaning.
- Improved Exclusion functionality for Registry cleaning.
- Improved Registry cleaning for Windows Services.
- Improved Drive Wiper functionality and feedback.
- Fixed bug in Cookie importing/exporting.
- Minor translation fixes.

Download CCleaner 3.07.1457 - FileHippo.com

A new Version 3.08.1475 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update adds support for Firefox 5.0, improves cleaning for several applications including Firefox and 7-Zip, adds cleaning for several apps including MS AntiMalware, PerfectDisk, GIMP, and McAfee AntiVirus, and has bug fixes

A new Version 3.09.1493 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update adds support for new applications including Firefox 6.0 beta, Zune and Notepad++, adds wildcard support, and has various improvements.

Updated to Version 3.10.1525
Release Notes:
Added Firefox 7.0 Beta support.
Added Firefox 6.0 Final support.
Added IE 9.0.2 support.
Added Safari 5.1 binarycookies file cleaning and management.
Added cleaning for MS Search, Cached Fonts, RegEditX, SpeedBit DAP, Spyware Terminator, SUPERAntiSpyware, Acrobat Distiller 10 and Foxit Reader 5.0.
Improved cleaning for Internet Download Accelerator.
Improved Opera 9 Last Download Location cleaning.
Improved accuracy and reliability for free space and entire drive wiping.
Improved Safari local storage cleaning.
Improved Google Chrome "Saved Form Information" and "Saved Passwords" cleaning.
Updated various translations.
Minor optimization tweaks.

Update to Version 3.13.1600
Release Notes:
- Added IE add-on manager.
- Added Firefox Jumplist Cache cleaning.
- Improved Firefox and Thunderbird cache cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Internet History cleaning for typed URLs.
- Improved Google Chrome Canary Saved Form Information cleaning.
- Improved Google Chrome Canary Saved Passwords cleaning.
- Improved Recycle Bin cleaning with symbolic links.
- Improved item exclusion feedback in Registry screen.
- Improved keyboard usability on Intelligent Cookie scan dialog.
- Added support for custom Thunderbird installation.
e.g. CustomLocation1=THUNDERBIRD|C:\Portable\Thunderbird\Data\profile
- Added cleaning for Corel PaintShop Pro X4, Nero Video 11 and Nero Vision 10.
- Improved cleaning for WinRAR, LogMeIn, Office 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- Added Indonesian translation.

Update to Version 3.14.1616. Link to update version can be found in our Downloads area here Link Removed - Invalid URL
Fixes and Changes:
Improved Startup tool usability.
Improved IE Add-on management.
Improved Import/Export for Cookies.
Improved Recycle Bin cleaning and duplicated filenames.
Updated Chrome Canary Saved Form Information cleaning.
Updated Chrome Canary Saved Passwords cleaning.
Updated Chrome Canary Cookie cleaning.
Fixed bug in long filename extensions.
Added cleaning for Chrome Canary "Network Action Predictor".
Added cleaning for Real Player 15, PerfectDisk 12.5 and Windows Media Center.
Improved cleaning for WinRAR, Windows Log Files, uTorrent and Acrobat Distiller 10.
Minor bug fixes.

A new Version 3.16.1666 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility was released. This update adds scheduled task management in the Startup tool, adds an option to close running browsers when cleaning, and improves Chrome, Acrobat 9 and Windows 8 cleaning among various improvements.

kemical, that's what I read in the "read me" file, or whatever they call it, that's it's Windows 8 ready. I've been using it on my desktop since Windows 8 CP was available.

Now, I've just read on the Windows 8 Forums that CCleaner wipes some critical files out that may be needed down the road. I won't make the same mistake on my notebook, I'll just check to delete the temporary internet files, cookies, passwords & such. I'll make sure to uncheck the boxes where the system files are.

The folks at CCleaner needs to know what's going on before saying it's "Windows 8" ready, as many users have been deceived. I've been using this utility (along with other ones from their site) for a long time, with no problems. Hopefully, they'll soon release an update to correct the issue.

Cat

Yeah I perhaps should have mentioned that using the reg cleaner portion with beta version software is not a good idea. As I recall it was the same when the 7 beta first appeared (I know from personal experience). Saying that though I have used it myself with 8 (making sure I backed up those reg files first) and it's been ok but as I said above, care is needed.

Ya know, I have never, yet, seen a CCleaner caused problem, not even, on my Windows8. Who knows...

Maybe the IT gods just like me ;)

A new Version 3.17.1688 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update adds wildcard support for cookies, adds cleaning support for DivX player, PhotoDirector 10 and Snagit 11, improves cleaning for Chrome, Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player, and has a range of other improvements and bug fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back