Ccleaner update

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new Version 3.18.1707 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update adds support for Firefox 12, Chrome 20, MS Security and GIMP, along with a range of other improvements and bug fixes.

A new Version 3.19.1721 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. This update adds an option to skip the UAC warning, adds support for Firefox 13 beta and BitDefender, improves cleaning for several apps, and has minor bug fixes.

CCleaner has been updated to version 3.20.1750 today. This release includes:

• Added Windows Explorer Context Menu management to Startup tool.
  • Added Windows 8 Release Preview compatibility.
  • Added Opera 12 support.
  • Updated History cleaning for Aurora.
  • Updated History cleaning for Chrome Canary.
  • Improved UAC bypass code.
  • Improved accuracy for uninstall items installation date and size.
  • Improved Scheduled Tasks detection.
  • Improved cleaning algorithm duplication detection.
  • Improved file and setting removal when uninstalling.
  • Minor bug fixes.

Version 3.20 of CCleaner has been released! We've packed this update with new compatibility with Windows 8, the new Opera 12 and a Context Menu manager for Windows Explorer to disable any annoying menu items you don't need.

See official release notes here.

Owners of CCleaner Professional can use the automatic update feature from Piriform to download and install the update automatically.

Not sure you need this? Check out our Beginner's Guide for CCleaner Professional with IT Professionals Mitchell Anthony and Mike Fara (me):

Last edited:
Ah, Mike you beat me to it, LOL. I was going to let everybody know there was/is a new version, again.

But, People, IF, you use CCleaner on a regular basis (Read, daily) you will, of course, be notified by CCleaner itself when new versions come available. Right, People? (Hint, hint ;))

I can always tell when clients have not been diligent in using CCleaner cus, they won't be on the most current version.

Don't think of CCleaner like a yearly doctor visit... more like brushing your teeth... it's regular maintenance.

Cheers,
Drew

Last edited:
A new Version 3.20.1750 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. The changes in this version include added support for Windows 8 RP and Opera 12, the addition of Windows Explorer context menu management, and various minor improvements and bug fixes.

oops was a little late getting the update posted didn't see you guys had already added it. Still.. Thanks all the same.

A new Version 3.21.1767 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. The changes in this version include improved Startup tool, Drive wiper and System Restore discovery, added support for Universal Extractor and Internet Download Manager, along with various minor improvements and bug fixes.

Thanks, mate. Good info for everyone. I ran CC yesterday & received no notice of a new version BUT, now, I'll go fetch it :)

Cheers,
Drew

new_windows_logo1.jpg

A new Version 3.22.1800 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. The changes in this version include full support for Windows 8, improvements to the Startup Item tool and Custom Files and Folders, along with various minor improvements and bug fixes.

A new Version 3.23.1823 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. The changes in this version include added support for Firefox 16 and CoolNovo, improved support for Windows 8 and Google Chrome, along with various minor improvements and bug fixes.

Hello all,

Just a friendly reminder that we have had direct contact with the Vice President of Piriform, the makers of CCleaner. If you do happen to purchase the commercial version of CCleaner, you are buying a great piece of software, and here is why:

For organizational management, you will never need to download the latest version of CCleaner again. CCleaner automatically updates itself for you.

CCleaner Pro supports every account on a Windows Client or Server system. That means you can clean out every account in one click, without switching accounts.

CCleaner Pro has been developed by a programmer who just won't compromise - he will always offer CCleaner for free, but the professional version is available for those who support his work. The network version is available for those who want to run it across a Windows Active Directory infrastructure. He really cares about the integrity of his program, and that is so much evidenced in his work.

My communications that were on again and off again with the VP of Piriform weren't just evidence of that, they were specifically conveyed to me that this was the case. If you do have some loose change around, consider purchasing CCleaner Pro. You will get quality support from Piriform, and you won't need to worry about automatic updates. Here was one of our early reviews of the program with Mitchell Anthony:

If you do decide to buy CCleaner Pro, the Vice President of Piriform worked out a deal with us for our members and visitors. Use discount code DXY-SK1-TLC. You will still get Defraggler for free, but you will be surprised by the cost reduction on the software. Just thought I would throw this in there, since we spent a lot of time working with Piriform to try to make their software (clearly the #1 Windows clean-up utility) accessible to all of our visitors. We sold thousands of copies of Uniblue RegistryBooster. But at the end of the day? We still thought and knew that CCleaner was a better program. It is just kind of difficult to get people to understand why buying a free program is worth it. It is sort of the same reason donating money to a website is worth it. If you enjoy what you are getting, those funds help make the continuation of the product or service possible, even when it is provided free of charge.

Take care,
Mike

Last edited:
A new Version 3.24.1850 of the free CCleaner system cleaning utility has been released. The changes in this version include Firefox plugin and extension management, improvements for 64-bit Windows 7 and 8, along with various minor improvements and bug fixes.

CCleaner 3.24.1850
- Added Firefox Plugin and Extension management.
- Optimized architecture for 64-bit builds of Windows 7 and 8.
- Improved Firefox Aurora cookie cleaning.
- Improved Chrome Canary Saved Form Information cleaning.
- Added cleaning for AVG AntiVirus 2013, 4Sync, Copernic, DVDFab, Inkscape and PKZip.
- Improved cleaning for Windows MRUs.
- Faster automatic updating for Pro version.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.

Download CCleaner 3.24.1850 - FileHippo.com

Is there something different told or addressed in each of the last 2 entries, above?

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

CCleaner 3.25 released which comes with a new tool for managing Chrome Extensions and improved compatibility with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom