CD/DVD Driver missing

Hi

I am installing Windows 7. I am getting the error:
A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now

You all know where the problem shows up.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit was previously installed on my machine but after frustrating "BOOTMGR is missing", I have decided to reinstall Windows 7.

I have read many posts online, but any one barely seems to be working.

The specs of my computer are :

Single Hitachi SATA 500GB HDD 7200 RPM
Single HP dvd1201 24x SATA DVD Writer
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Intel DG41RQI E-Series MoBo
2GB Kingston DDR2 800 MHz RAM

Please note that I do not have any IDE drive in my machine.

Windows XP still installs fine though?

How do I get rid of the problem?

Thanks in advance

Give this article a try sport I would type it out for you but this is a fix I learned with ealier verions of windows and it still hold true with this one it has worked for me 100% of the time

Windows 7 Forgot CD/DVD Drive Drivers

Just easer to give you the link than type it

The slack man :cool:

Have you tried setting your DVD drive as the "First Boot Device" in the BIOS and then saving it?

Windows 7 will only install if those settings are as listed above, especially for a clean or "custom" install.

Then reboot and you'll see a prompt: Press any key to boot from CD/DVD drive. Do that and you install should begin.

Hi everyone,

I am closing post. After reading many other posts also, I moved the connector of my DVD R/W to another port on the motherboard and borrowed a fresh Windows 7 DVD from a friend (who is a geek in himself, so I can trust the DVD taken from him). Started installing Windows 7. It went like hot knife in butter.

Thanks to any one who replied

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.