Windows 7 Change Backup Location for Backup Manager

alorenzini

Is there way I can change the location of the backup files location using the Win7 Backup Manager? Right now it just shows me the location for a USB port. I would like to use a Home Group Location.

Thanks,'

Art Lorenzini

Go to control panel, system security, backup and restore...click change settings...wait while it loads up. Then when the window pops up, you should be give a list of backup destinations....choose one. If you are wanting to use an external HDD, make sure it's plugged in and powered on. Or choose the netwrok tab and select a location on the network.

Is there way I can change the location of the backup files location using the Win7 Backup Manager? Right now it just shows me the location for a USB port. I would like to use a Home Group Location.

Thanks,'

Art Lorenzini
You do not mention which version of Windows 7 you are using, but.....
If by your question you mean that you would like to backup to a network location you would need to have Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate installed. Windows 7 Home Premium or lesser downlevel versions do not support backing up your computer to network locations..
See Advanced Backup and Restore (Network Backup and Group Policy) under the Safety and Security section on this version comparison page Compare Windows - Microsoft Windows

Back
Top Bottom