Windows 7 Change resolution on laptop while keeping sharpness? Win7/8

neok182

I recently bought an Asus Zenbook Prime UX32VD which features a 13" 1920x1080 screen.

Now by default it sets the scaling to 125% which is fine for windows, but programs such as Steam, Pokki, Firefox, Chrome, and others do not scale very well at all and neither do websites so everything ends up looking pretty terrible or insanely difficult to read. Seems like any app that does not work with windows DPI scaling.

My solution was to change the resolution to 1600x900 and the scaling to 100%. Now everything looks just fine. However everything is now blurry and i get the 'not native resolution' popup constantly.

I'm also planning on upgrading to windows 8 and i've read that under windows 8 with that resolution it thinks you have like a 20" monitor and things get even smaller and harder to read and see.

So basically i'm looking for something to get my resolution down to the much more normal 1600x900 and have it still look good either a windows 7 or windows 8 solution.

if there's no such solution then i guess i'll just have to deal with not being able to read any third party app.

Back