Windows Vista Changed username/loginname

Sevaron

Hello i changed my username/loginname on my computer but it doesn't get changed 100% so the file paths is still the old one so how can i fix so its 100% the new one with the path and everything?

I'd re-install using the name you wish to use from the start.

A pain I know but at least a sure fire way of working....

What steps have you done to do this? What are the results? Next question; are you wanting to change the name of the administrator? If so you can do that through the control panel. If you are talking about the name of the computer is registered to then the only way to change that is a reinstall of the OS. Sounds like a problem I had with a hand me down Desktop. It was registered to the previous owner and with out the credentials of said owner I could not change anything. I did change the name of the PC to the wifes but that did not allow me to access the whole PC. I had to reinstall OS and then put in the wifes info and all is right as rain now.

Hello i changed my username/loginname on my computer but it doesn't get changed 100% so the file paths is still the old one so how can i fix so its 100% the new one with the path and everything?

With that i mean i have gone into the User Control Panel and changed my name on my administrator account but the path/the map name were all my files is like pictures and documents is still having the old name.

Have you checked for any malware, spyware and adaware, checked for virus's, worms and trojans. Also could be some sort of registry error or a corrupted registry. Any hardware issues, not sure why that might have an effect but couldn't hurt to check. Make sure system is update with all known MS updates, patches and hot fixes. Defrag harddrive. Try a system restore point to a known good earlier configuration and try changing name like you did before then check it.

If you have administrator rights, you can change any account name on this P.C. If you do not have these rights you cannot change the password protection to gain these rights. If you are not able or willing to do a re-install, I assume you do not have a OS installation disk. There is a "Forgotten Password Wizard" that creates a "Password Reset Disk"in Windows 7 but I'm not sure about Vista. You should find it under Control Panel>User Accounts etc.

With that i mean i have gone into the User Control Panel and changed my name on my administrator account but the path/the map name were all my files is like pictures and documents is still having the old name.

How many time do i need to explain? What is it that you can't understand?`??

This really starts to annoy me. Im sorry for being rude now but i don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

I tried googling again but it seems every solution is not just quite right for your needs... Are you sure there isn't a reset folder that will put the os back to factory conditions? Otherwise I'm unsure how your going to do this but that may be just down to my ignorance..:confused:

one thought....
If you don't have a vista disk, why not try the Win7 RC? It's good for almost a year and would get round your little problem.

If none of those suggestions work then I suggest you take Kemical's advice and look at using Winsdows 7.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Yea i know Windows Vista is very good but the reason that i don't use it is because its many programs and stuff that is original installed that i can't get on windows 7. Im using a Laptop. And also i don't know were i can find a good version that has no virus and stuff to download.

Don't you have any system restore discs from a while back ? Use one of those to regain function. There is some software that will reset user/name and password for a price.( No re-install required) Link Removed - Invalid URL

Yea i know Windows Vista is very good but the reason that i don't use it is because its many programs and stuff that is original installed that i can't get on windows 7.

Did you mean Windows 7?

7 has almost exactly the same apps that vista has...In fact it has more.

The Direct download from Microsoft can be found in the Windows 7 sticky. This is a safe download with almost nil chance at all of any virus activity.

Back