Changing a Removable Disk to Local Disk?

Hi Folks,

I have created an encrypted drive (X) on my system (Windows 7 - 64 bit) and wish to store my emails there. I did this successfully in Vista.

To do this I need to change X:/ from a Removable Disk to a Local Disk, please can somebody explain to me how and wehre to do this?

OS Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 build 7601
System Type: x64-based PC

Attachments

Last edited:

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Try navigating to the Admin tools section in the control panel and clicking computer management. It's from there you can find the Storage/Disk management snap in. Once there right click the volume/disk/partition you want to change and choose the option 'change driver letter, paths etc'. If this isn't what your exactly looking for then please post back.

Thanks Kemical

Just tried this and it shows displays all the drives except the one I need to change :(

This is a virtual encrypted drive I created using Steganos Safe. I used it successfully on my last computer operating with Windows Vista. I open the secure drive, then go into the Windows Mail account, and change the storage location for emails.

Any other thoughts please?

Kemical, just found it and fixed the issue

What a great forum and I really do appreciate tyour help folks.

From a very sunny and bright Scotland today , thank you!

Callum

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hey Callum, glad to hear you got it sorted.. :)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.