Windows 7 Changing Background

HussainU

Hi,

i work in the IT Department and I have just installed Windows 7 on a laptop, this has laptop has then been put on the domain and been setup accordingly

I have come accross a problem where i just have a blank screen as the background
as GP we should all get an image which is copied to all laptops, this was working fine on this laptop when XP was on it but now the image is blank
if i try to change the image by right click personalise the background wont change no matter what i choose
Even if i go to a picture in my docs and right click and do set as background nothing happens

but i can chance the colour of the toolbar at the bottom of the page

when logging in and out i get the normal Windows theme running

any ideas???

Do you know if the graphic driver has been installed or not?

yes all drivers are installed and upto date
i cant see any drivers not installed under computer management

When you burned the DVD, how fast did you burn the iso at? Also when you installed 7 on the laptop. was it an upgrade or a fresh install?

I did not burn the DVD so not sure what speed it was burnt at.
it was a fresh install i did not do the upgrade

How old is the laptop?
Also could you supply the make and model?

Thankyou
sorry for all the questions I just need to know certain things about the installation.

Thankyou.

Here is the driver download page.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Try installing the graphics driver again.
If your machine uses an ATI graphics solution use the driver found in the link above( you'll have to use a vista driver).
If however you use an Nvidia solution, Nvidia write laptop drivers themselves, so you could get the driver directly from them:

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

I'll be back a little later so please let me know how you got on..:)

Check your system page found via the control panel (see screenshot)

Back
Top Bottom