Changing Versions of Windows 7

Drokare

Honorable Member
I read earlier, can't remember where, most likely a MS Developer. That the new Windows 7 will have all the versions on a DVD and that the Key "Unlocks" the features. I was really excited to hear this. Well I installed Windows 7 (with the Ultimate DVD) and tried putting a Professional Key.

It tells me it is an invalid key for this installation and is requiring me to reinstall??? Does anyone remember M$ toting this as a great feature for Windows 7... no need to carry around 6 DVD's to help customers?

gavin19

Yes, but W7 isn't released yet so you couldn't have a valid retail key. Which version of W7 are you trying to install? If it is 7600 RTM build then there aren't any keys but you can 're-arm' it a couple of times to extend it's life cycle until you get a retail key. If it's an RC then one of the old beta keys should still work.

I did read that all versions do ship on one disc but since have heard variations on this like this.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.