Windows 7 Chipset drivers

kbz1960

Hi, I've done the most recent bios flash and I'm thinking that the chipset update needs to be installed after installing win7 since I don't think it installs anything that would be helpful for wiping out the old os for the new or does it install something for the bios also?

I'm attaching the upgrade advisor reports, will my verizon pantech device not work with win 7?

Bump, no one knows if the chipset drivers need to be installed before or after the upgrade? I'm going to assume not cause it says it's for win7.

You might check the Device Manager to see if any devices are not recognized.

I always load the latest drivers from my manufacturer just to make sure, at least for the sound, chipset and network drivers. If you run a RAID, which I don't, I would think it would be necessary.

I haven't installed it yet. I'm trying to find out if I need to install the win7 drivers before hand even though it will wipe out vista.

Trying to avoid trouble!

Chipset drivers are Windows drivers. You can only install them after the OS is installed...

Thanks Saltgrass, that is what I figured but you never know these days! So I should have no trouble...................I hope!

Back