Windows 7 Choppy video - online flash and VLC

bark01

Hi,

When using sites like BBC Iplayer or youtube the sound plays fine but the video freezes for a second every few seconds, I also see the same issue in VLC, Windows media seems fine.

Also my PC Beeps repetitively when i exit Firefox after having choppy playback, this last for a minute or so, this doesn't happen with vlc.

I have tried updating my nvidea drivers and also direct X but this has made no difference.

I use the latest version of Firefox but have tried internet explorer and it has the same issues.

My PC is brand new from Dell, although I re-installed everything from a fresh copy of windows seven as soon as i got it

Specs are

Intel (R) Core(TM)2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5GHz 2.5GHz
RAM - 6 GB
Windows 64 Bit
I have 1 terabyte of space split over 2 actual drives that are partitioned into 4 drives, my C drive has 84 GB spare.
Nvidea GeForce GT220 graphics card

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Bark01,
it sounds like you either have some bad RAM or they need to be re-seated... Checkout this link for system beeps..

The complete BIOS beep guide - TechSpot OpenBoards

Just because the pc is new doesn't mean you can't get bad RAM or that it wasn't installed properly.. I'd try taking it out and re-fitting it. If that doesn't work, check your RAM using this app: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Instructions on it's use are given on the site itself..

Back
Top Bottom