Chris-TV Setup? Anybody done it

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by Viper, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Viper

Viper New Member

I have ASUS 7134 TV card which windows detects and installs driver from windows. Has anyone managed to setup Chris-tv pro. I mangage to get sound but no pic. Also the sounds appears to be playing in only one speakers and there is two audio steams - it looks like on from the PCI buss and the other from the auxiallry connector from the sound card to the tv card

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

Have you tried it using Media Centre, I had similar issues with my DVB-T and turned out media centre was far better at playback than the ropey software that compro supplied.

3. Tepid

Tepid New Member

It's unfortunate that alot of the third party Software DVR's don't work very well.

I have a Hauppauge PVR-150 , and the best app is Hauppauges WinTV 7. I have not tried Chris-TV in 7, but I have tried it in the past and didn't really like it.

I have tried just about all of them (GBPVR, Beyond TV, SageTV, some others) and found a problem with all of them.
    I am really not too keen on WinTV 7 either,, WinTV 2000 was the best,,, but doens't run in 7.

I am really looking for something like WinTV 2000, where I can start a recoring then tetll it when to stop,,, or setup a batch file like WinTV 2000 that I can just double click and have it start with all my parameters already in place. That was awesome, but haven't been able to find a good 7 replacement.

Most of the PVR software is pretty inflexible,, they all want to mimic Media Center or Tivo. That's fine, but should have more flexibitly to be used as a one touch record without having to setup schedules and then try to figure out how to hit the times,, anyway, they are just a pain in the ass for how I want to use them.

The problem with Windows Media Center is, it doesn't record direct to MPG.
    I don't want to have to convert it and all that junk.

#3 Tepid, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. rd184

rd184 New Member