Chrome 4.0.249.78

Good stuff, been using the dev build and all the extensions are awesome.

I've not tried this new version yet but have to admit to liking chrome more than firefox.. I'll perhaps now try it on your recommendation..

I've been digging in my heels on this also, kemical. ( I am a dedicated IE fan however). Just installed this latest release and I am impressed with its speed.

I have been going around running some small tests. This site, for example, for me, opens from bookmarks to a working page in 5 seconds. In Chrome, about 3 seconds. All sites are similarly compariitive.

Thanks RAK I think I'm going to try it after hearing your last words (well...reading them lol) please post any further results if you have them..

Chrome runs circles around IE. Infact, IE has been removed completely from my system. There is an extension that lets you open an IE tab within Chrome now if need be.

On a heavy graphics site I frequent, Chrome hung a couple of times. Only for a few seconds, but I could see a surge in CPU activity. I've gone back to IE for the moment until I can check further. On the same site, over some years, IE has not shown this malfunction, but it could have been a hiccup.
Without, I hope, prejudice, I would say that in one aspect, the extra speed of Chrome may be due to its comparitive lack of built in features. But, on the other hand, FF has always been up to speed, and does have most of IE's features.

Thanks RAK. I've still yet to try it but am currently devoting all my spare time to fallout 3... its great.

I downloaded chrome tonight. I see the themes have grown, now there's a lot more than their was originally..
Notice in the screenie I'm running the 'Chuck Anderson' theme..

As for performance ect I'm gonna start testing now..

I like the new Chrome. It is like Firefox but better. It still lacks a lot of essential plug-ins, but the ones I use regularly are now there. These include Roboform password manager and Xmarks (bookmark synchronization and backup).

This is good stuff and the browser loads quite quickly.

I have to agree with Mike here.. Google have got themselves a serious browser which seems to just get better and better..

To be honest cybercore I wasn't trying to be funny with you but feel the default IE skin is just pretty drab that's all. I suppose on the fun side it could be interesting to skin Chrome with an IE skin but that's about it for me...

If only Microsoft did something like Chrome's themes that would be great. I know you can get third party apps like 'incredimail's skins for IE' but these tend to be somewhat buggy and I eventually end up un-installing the app.

cybercore said:
Do any of you lucky Chrome users know of an IE-like skin for Chrome?

Oh, I just thought that someone who had been using Chrome for a long time might know of such skin. I personally am a little unexperienced with Chrome and its skins.

kemical said:
Seriously?

cybercore said:
Why not ? :rolleyes:

Kemical said:
To be honest cybercore I wasn't trying to be funny with you but feel the default IE skin is just pretty drab that's all.

Wait a minute, Kemical, I didn't at all take it that you were trying to be funny - no way, man! I don't know ... perhaps I used a wrong smiley then, :rolleyes: , I meant this smiley like "Why not an IE skin, am I wrong and asking of something impossible?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I did some search on this. There are many Chrome skins, but I can't find anything like IE. This is not like come hell or high water, of course I can do without it, but I personally like IE skin elements like Forward/Backward arrows, Stop/Refresh, etc. Didn't mean anything offensive, really. :)

Google Chrome Skins

Google Chrome Skins | Google chrome themes

https://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en/themes/index.html

No worries man.... I know you weren't being funny. Oh and yes some aspects of IE are great.. If they could fuse the two together IE8 and Chrome it would lead to a great browser..

Nice one. I tried it, but it's still not as fast as Chrome. I mean, the browser is really a good one. I am excited about IE9... but Chrome is becoming a tight web browser. It's going to be hard to beat, that's for sure. I have never experienced something so fast.

The one thing I have noticed with Chrome, though, is that you cannot used the enhanced text editor and instead can only see the bulletin board code. There may be a reason for this, but I am not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom