Chromebooks?

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
I'm a long time Microsoft OS user, and have been curious about Chromebooks since they're priced a lot lower than other laptops. In my research I discovered many positive, as well as negative remarks concerning them. My main concern is being locked into Google things, like Chrome browser.

If any of you are currently using a Chromebook, I'd like to hear your positive/negative experiences. Thank you.

Chromebooks are not laptops. They are more like a big Android tablet that looks like a laptop. They run a web browser and from there you access online tools and content. That part works well enough.

What are you trying to use a Chromebook for?

As I understand it from the net, people complain about how useful their chromebook actually is. Dodgy apps not working as "real" software does..

Then people often has issues with the chromebook itself, often running slow, devices keep restarting, error messages (like "Os is missing" etc.), to cameras and microphones not working, issues with updates not being installed etc... I have even heard that some apps can not handle a screen larger than a mobilephones..

Chromebooks are not laptops. They are more like a big Android tablet that looks like a laptop. They run a web browser and from there you access online tools and content. That part works well enough.

What are you trying to use a Chromebook for?
My Chromebook is working fine.

As I understand it from the net, people complain about how useful their chromebook actually is. Dodgy apps not working as "real" software does..

Then people often has issues with the chromebook itself, often running slow, devices keep restarting, error messages (like "Os is missing" etc.), to cameras and microphones not working, issues with updates not being installed etc... I have even heard that some apps can not handle a screen larger than a mobilephones..

I never had any difficulty with these aspects, even when I was in college and university and very actively used my computer for teaching. I often used resources like writix.co.uk/essay-examples/education to help me do my homework. Even with such intense work, everything was fine.
Everything works fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom