Windows 7 city life

bender

i cannot run city life on windows 7 because the starforce copy protection driver will not load. has anyone found a workaround or a fix to run this on windows 7?

i can't run city life in windows 7 either. i was looking for a solution when i found your message, please let me know if you have find a solution. :)

Have you tried this as Vista fixes often work for windows 7 due to the shared core design of the OS:-

SOURCE: 64bit and x64 - Windows Vista Compatibility Patch for City Life Available

Continuing to expand support for Microsoft® Windows Vista Operating System, CDV Software Entertainment USA is pleased to announce a new patch for City Life. The new patchallows the city building and management simulation to be played under both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.

Please note – this patch is only for City Life, a forthcoming patch will offer compatibility for City Life: World Edition​

To install the patch on the 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, please follow these steps:

1. Install City Life​
  2. Right click on the City Life shortcut and click on « Run as Administrator »​
  3. Launch the game and allow it to install the Starforce drivers, but DO NOT restart the computer when prompted​
  4. Download the following file: http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip
  5. Launch SFDRVUP.EXE after downloading to update your Starforce drivers​
  6. Restart your computer​
  7. Launch the game (note that it will come up with an error message)​
  8. Install the CityLife_PatchVista.exe​
  9. Launch the game.​

thank you, but I have "city life world edition" and i already tried downloading the patch from the site. it still doesn't work :(

Have you tried this as Vista fixes often work for windows 7 due to the shared core design of the OS:-

SOURCE: 64bit and x64 - Windows Vista Compatibility Patch for City Life Available

Continuing to expand support for Microsoft® Windows Vista Operating System, CDV Software Entertainment USA is pleased to announce a new patch for City Life. The new patchallows the city building and management simulation to be played under both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.

Please note – this patch is only for City Life, a forthcoming patch will offer compatibility for City Life: World Edition​

To install the patch on the 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, please follow these steps:

1. Install City Life​
  2. Right click on the City Life shortcut and click on « Run as Administrator »​
  3. Launch the game and allow it to install the Starforce drivers, but DO NOT restart the computer when prompted​
  4. Download the following file: http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip
  5. Launch SFDRVUP.EXE after downloading to update your Starforce drivers​
  6. Restart your computer​
  7. Launch the game (note that it will come up with an error message)​
  8. Install the CityLife_PatchVista.exe​
  9. Launch the game.​

- (For Windows 7) Before step 8, go to the CityLife_PatchVista.exe file, right click on this file, and click properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, put a check in the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and in the drop-down menu beneath, select "Windows Vista". Click OK to close the properties window.
- Then Install the CityLife_PatchVista.exe
- Launch the game.
- Game may ask to install additional libraries for protection - Click "Yes". Game will run after installing additional libraries.

I know the last post was 2 years ago, but thought it would be helpful to anyone who is still having problems when trying to play this game with Windows 7 :)

Back
Top Bottom