Windows 7 Clean install of Win7 Pro 64bit gone wrong

zoolander

I am having trouble with a clean install of Win7. I installed/formatted a new HD in prep for installing Win7. Installion went fine. Got to desktop. Everything looked great. Began loading updates, drivers, software. Was directed to reboot system to complete install, then got a message that Windows failed to start. Attempted repair option...Windows unable to repair. Required disk to boot which took me through the install process again. Now, when if highlight the HD, I receive the following message, "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate on existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information." After several frustrating hours on the net trying to troubleshoot, decided to just reformat and start over. Tried loading OS after unplugging the RAID config HDs. No luck. Formatted the HD again. Still can't access disk. Disk now has two partitions: Partition 1 is "System Reserved" and 100MB. Partition 2 is the primary (931GB). Now I'm just frustrated cause it was working okay. Help?

System info: Asus Rampage II Extreme Mobo, Intel I7 2.67GHz CPU, 1 TB HD in nonRaid config., Two 500GB HD in Raid 1 config., 6GB RAM, NVidea 9800 GTX+ x 2. Win7 Pro 64bit retail ed.

Please be gentle, I'm not as computer savvy as I used to be (I'm getting too old for this.) Thank-you!
Richard

Back