Windows 7 Clean Windows 7 install-loading files to scrolling progress bar to blank desktop w/cursor

ozzy49

When I try to do a clean install of Windows 7 I get the loading files white progress bar you normally get during an installation, it then goes directly to the scrolling progress bar that would normally appear before a Windows startup, and then goes to a blank Windows 7 desktop with only a cursor (that I can move).

I have a computer with the following specs:

Mainboard-Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Q6600
msinfo says
x86 based PC
x86 Family 6 model
System Information for Windows says it is a 64 bit processor
2X2GB GSkill Memory
Radeon HD 4850 videocard

I have tried to install with every version I can get my hands on, both 32 and 64 bit. None of them are upgrade versions. I've tried installing on a fresh WD Raptor and an Intel G25 SSD. All other drives have been disconnected. I've moved my memory around and tried with one stick. My mainboard has the latest official BIOS, although there is a new beta.

I ran the Windows 7 compatibility test and didn't see anything that would cause this problem.

I have searched the internet and have not been able to find a solution so I would appreciate any suggestions as to what the problem could be and what type of things I could try. Installing Windows XP has never been a problem, just Windows 7, always with the same problem.

This is one of the few times when I have not been able to look around a find an existing answer to a problem and I am stumped.

Again, I would appreciate your help and advice.

Larry

Last edited:
Are you using a normal monitor on your system? Can you change the connection type if you are using HDMI?

Are you giving the system time to finish something it might be doing?

Do you have another video card you could use?

Thanks for the advice. I did have another PCI-E video card and put that in. I was able to load Windows 7 with that one. As long as I can do that I am OK and can work on why my 4850 is a problem.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom