Windows 10 'Cleaner' restart

bochane

Excellent Member
After shutdown and restart Windows will also restart application from the previous session.
Is there a way to start Windows without these previous applications? I could not find it.

Hi

Something that I've been told and excepted as fact, though I don't really know that it's true is that you actually get a cleaner restart by selecting "Restart" as opposed to shutting your computer off and turning it on again.

I believe that the process does not retain settings and open applications that turning your computer off does.

I've always used Restart when I wanted to clear my computer, maybe I should do some research and see if thats true.

Or maybe someone here knows?

Mike

See if this helps.

Turn off fast boot
Tip: If you have turned on Fast startup but want to perform a traditional cold shut down once in a while without turning off Fast startup or hybrid ...

1. Type Power Options in Start menu search box, and then press Enter key to open Power Options window. Alternatively, right-click on the Start menu to .
  2. In the left-pane of Power Options window, click the link labelled Choose what the power buttons do to open System Settings window.
  3. Here, click the link named Change settings that are currently available.

• Press [Windows key + i]
  • Go to Accounts
  • Click on Sign-in Options
  • Under Privacy turn off "Use my sign info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart"

• Press [Windows key + i]
  • Go to Accounts
  • Click on Sign-in Options
  • Under Privacy turn off "Use my sign info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart"
Yes, that should do the trick.

Thanks a lot.

And also thanks to all other helpfull forum members!

Back