Windows 8 Cleanupsystem files

Peterr

Fantastic Member
I used the disc with a generic key to install and my 8 key to activate. All went well but the cleanup system files will not close. It removes bits at a time but the fan is humming and it does not say successful or close. It does chip away so there are a few mbs left.
I was hoping to close so I could image a clean OS with no defects. I ran the health DISM and the win update trouble shooter.

Is this something to attend to before imaging?

Hi Peterr,
is the disk clean app still open? Depending on the specification of the machine used then disk clean can take a while. Your probably better off just letting it do it's thing.

I will let it run but last time I let it go for about 1/2 hour with the fan humming and it never finished.
Would you image it as it or consider it a faulty OS b/c this feature will not conplete?

Do you mean you left it for 30mins and it didn't finish? I'd leave it longer although what you should find is that the first time around it will take a while perhaps over an hour. If you run the app maybe once a month you'll find that it will speed up as your system will be in better shape with each successive run.

Back