Windows 7 Closing/Opening windows

Andrew180

Do you noticed that when you close or open window it's not closed/opened smoothly but in "two steps"? Look carefully and you will see that there is some delay between window is semi-closed/opened and closed/opened. It can be problem in my side but i have latest graphics drivers and Core 2 Duo should be able to close windows smoothly :D. BTW i'm using latest 7048 build...Write your experiences, i hope that it isn't problem in me.

I also noticed this when I was using build 7000 and build 7022 (x86).. I found it was a driver issue though.. I WAS using the latest available Windows 7 Beta Package from ATI on both builds.. The gpu in my main PC is a Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 512MB PCI-Express.. So what I did to solve this problem was uninstall the Windows 7 Beta Driver Package and installed the latest available Windows Vista driver for my gpu.. and guess what.. problem solved, all the windows now open/close VERY smoothly.. :) The cpu in my main PC is an AMD ATHLON 64 X2 5400 (2.8GHZ) True Dual-Core.. I also switched out my ram too though.. I WAS using 2GB's of Crucial DDR2 667MHZ ram at first... but later got 4GB's of Corsair DDR2 800MHZ ram and it also seemed to help with this issue..

So I guess in summary I'd say try using a different gpu driver first and see if that helps any. (just remember to completely uninstall the old one before installing a new one.. ;) If that doesn't seem to help maybe adding some more ram will make a difference... if that's an option of course.. You say you are running a Core 2 Duo.. which one? If you don't mind me asking.. Your cpu should be fine though as the whole Core 2 Duo lineup is better than the AMD x2's on paper.. and like I said I was able to get this issue fixed and didn't have to do something drastic like swap out my cpu..

Hopefully this sheds some light on the subject.. let me know how ya make out, if none of this helps I'll keep looking and see if I can find an alternate solution for you. I'll report back once I hear how ya made out..

Hi, thanks for fast reply. I'm running C2D E7400 @ 1.6-3.2Ghz (auto under/over-clock), Kingston 2GB DDR2 800Mhz, but ehm ehm 7600GS 512MB :( i have no money for some new one but i think that closing/opening windows is not too stressful for GPU :D...using latest NVIDIA drivers 181.71. And sorry but RAM has no deal with this, believe me. So i don't know where is the problem...but it isn't so big issue i think...i just wanted to know if someone else had this problem.

Actually if your running a 64 bit OS with only 2GB's of RAM (I'm not saying you are because I don't know if you are or not) then adding more RAM WILL in fact make a difference for stuff like this.. ;) You have to remember, Aero is a heavy ram user... so of course, the more ram you have, the snappier your system will be.. :) Not to mention the better gpu the more snappier Aero will be as well. :)

but if i have 800MB used of 2GB of physical memory...and i'm not sure if you exactly know for what RAM is...it's really fast accessible place were are temporary stored heavy programs, loaded from HDD wich can be faster loaded...and AERO it's nothing but just windows shell...and effects like fade or slide or blure are just effects wich require NO RAM but some graphics and cpu preformance...i know that 64bit system runs better with 4GB of RAM but it's only visible when you run some heavy programs like photoshop, office, pinnacle...and so on and they are stored in memory...but if you have memory fulled with 800MB and still have 1.2GB free...performance will be the same.

I am quite aware of what Ram is... and what it is used for.. excuse me for trying to offer some assistance.. You asked for our stories on this subject and I told you mine.. if you don't agree with it that's fine.. there's really no need to be a d!ck about it.. ;)

Good luck fixing the problem.. :)

Oh sorry :) i don't wanna be a d!ck about it :D but i just needed to explain you somethin'...i really appreciate your replies and again sorry :).

Back
Top Bottom