Windows 7 Code 19

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Well then, having hopped from one code to another, I've now reached Code 19, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)".

I've found several sites and pages that deals with this, mainly stating that Upper and Lower Filters should be deleted in the Registry. The problem is, I don't have any Filters, be they Upper or Lower. According to info, it goes for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Not sure, but that's for CD/DVD players, and I'm running with an outside USB 3 disk. Kind of interesting...

A bit obsolete perhaps, but not too old since USB 3 seems to be a pain for many: I finally managed to delete old drivers properly. Then, SURPRISE SURPRISE Windows told me, at restart, "drivers were installed successfully". In my case it was some VIA stuff...

I believe it was one of the latest Windows Updates that did it. So, just to inform you, anyone having problems with USB 3 might do well by getting rid of any non-functional drivers, and get important or recommended updates.

None of the advice I got or found on a dozen sites helped. It was a dead end. I still thank you all. :)

Back