Windows 7 Code 37 for Audio, chipset, USB and more

NewtG

I have seen some of the posts concerning error 37 but I have not seen anything like my problem.
I am an IT tech for a library and one of the librarians came to me with what seemed to be a simple request. She said her new speakers did not work. I looked to the control panel after trying to select the speaker icon from the task bar. In the Sound tab in the control panel I saw there was no device installed. This device I am trying to configure is an on board device built into the Mobo. Next I went to the device manager only to find about 10 other devices with the same problem as the High Definition Audio Device. That problem was the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it. After looking they all share the same thing, error 37. Investigating this error code I see that I should try to uninstall driver and reinstall. I have only tried to replace the chipset and audio driver. I uninstalled the realtech high definition audio software and then removed the high definition audio device from the device manager. I uninstalled the chipset driver and reinstalled both using the recommended driver from Acer (I used the SNID to go to the correct page and chose the correct windows version, in this case it is a Acer Veriton M2610 windows 7 64 bit all updated to date 8-10-2015). The problem is still present. I am writing here to make sure there is not some missed step before I just go ahead and try to run a recovery and then a full reinstall. I should add that when I look in the Device and Printer area I see the icon representing the pc and there is no indication of a problem. I also run the troubleshooter just for shirts and giggles and it reports there is no problems. I have also run the sfc /scannow with some problems but not all can be fixed message when it is done.
Does anyone have any suggestions before I restore or reinstall?

Hmm... it sounds like something is getting in the way of the driver install perhaps. Is there any security running and was it disabled before installing the drivers?

Unfortunatly I have no idea, this computer has been in use for some time, and I was brought on several months ago so I do not know the history behind it. The employee who uses it says everything seems to work fine, only that she can not use speakers with it. that is one of the drivers that is corrupt. When I tried to install I turned off the anti-virus software (avast) and uninstalled, rebooted, shut off Avast again and installed. I also tried the same method the other day while the machine was in safe mode. As her computer is working ok, I have been putting off trying to run the recovery, or a full reinstall. Just seems strange that her PC can have so many issues but it does seem to work. Is there malware that might do this?

Back