Windows 7 Code-injection Vulnerability

Well that doesn't look good, but it was done on build 7000 and its currently at 7100+ right? Does this exploit still work? Also would an Anti Virus program catch it?

If it does still work and isn't detected by Anti Virus then that opens up easy access for all malware.

Well that doesn't look good, but it was done on build 7000 and its currently at 7100+ right? Does this exploit still work? Also would an Anti Virus program catch it?

If it does still work and isn't detected by Anti Virus then that opens up easy access for all malware.

Copied this :
Everything below still applies to the RC1 build 7100. The proof-of-concept code still works as-is. Nothing has been done to address any of this. Microsoft apps like Explorer.exe, Calc.exe and MSPaint.exe are still "blessed" with something apparently too dangerous to give third-party developers yet not dangerous enough to stop malicious software from abusing. MS still haven't responded to repeated offers to give them full details. As all of this is apparently a non-issue I'm considering putting the proof-of-concept exe/source online, but not sure yet if that's the best thing to do. I still haven't fixed all the typos on this paged or trimmed it down as I've been coding instead (plus there were those two weeks where I did nothing but play Resident Evil 5 on my 360). :) --Leo 03/May/2009

Copied this :
Everything below still applies to the RC1 build 7100. The proof-of-concept code still works as-is. Nothing has been done to address any of this. Microsoft apps like Explorer.exe, Calc.exe and MSPaint.exe are still "blessed" with something apparently too dangerous to give third-party developers yet not dangerous enough to stop malicious software from abusing. MS still haven't responded to repeated offers to give them full details. As all of this is apparently a non-issue I'm considering putting the proof-of-concept exe/source online, but not sure yet if that's the best thing to do. I still haven't fixed all the typos on this paged or trimmed it down as I've been coding instead (plus there were those two weeks where I did nothing but play Resident Evil 5 on my 360). :) --Leo 03/May/2009
That stinks.

Back