Windows 7 Compatability issues

silvercowboy

I have not long had Vista installed and have found that my MP3 player and vista aren't compatible. My player is an I River H10. My player will accept songs loaded in the browser section but won't accept play lists. The cd that came with my player works fine in XP but doesn't work in Vista. Does anyone know of a solution. I have tried I River and as yet haven't recieved a reply.
with thanks.
Silvercowboy.:confused:

Hi silvercowboy

Had a look through some forums on this and found plenty unhappy users with same problem blaming the drivers.

One actually said you could only use this product with XP!!!!

Anyone else aware of this?

Hi silvercowboy, your problem relates to windows media player 11, check out this page for further advice:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have a 20Gb iRiver H10 and I haven't had any issues with mine at all, have you updated your firmware on yours? If not, Go here... Link Removed due to 404 Error that should solve your problems.

Hi firmware was already uptodate. Do you know if I can uninstall windows media player 11 and go back to player 10 on vista?
thanks
Silvercowboy.

Not sure. You could try and copy over the top of it.. The download is here:
Windows Media Player 10

I don't think you can go backwards unless you uninstsll 11 first.

But that shouldn't be the issue cause I use vista and wmp 11 on mine.

I know this may sound dumb but I've had issues with mine in the past and it worked for me. You can use H10 update and reinstall your firmware. You'll lose all your songs and have to reload but it is worth a shot. Also have you tried pressing the reset button and the on button at the same time and starting the H10 in emergency mode and loading songs like that?

Back