Windows 7 Compatability

Asmodeus

When will the bulk of apps be tailored for Windows 7?
I only have a handful of things on the new OS as they're incompatible and or are for XP and Vista.

That will be the responsibility of the programmers who write the third party products for Windows.
Microsoft have provided the "Compatibility" right click option, which takes care of a huge percentage of the programs. (In my limited case, all of 35 third part programs)

I only have a handful of things on the new OS as they're incompatible and or are for XP and Vista.

Asmodeus, most programs that will work with, or are labeled for, Vista will work in Windows 7. Interestingly, some programs that worked with XP and would not work with Vista will also work with Windows 7. Just install the programs and see if they will work.

Really? I am able to use all the apps I used on Windows Vista and Windows XP on Windows 7.. They all work flawlessly.. ;) I guess I did have to upgrade the version of Nero I was using from 6 to 8 but other then that everything else worked..

In answer to your question though, software developers should be making apps tailored for Windows 7 as we speak.. As far as releasing them, I imagine that will start roughly around the same time Windows 7 hits the store shelves.. :)

What apps? Sometimes it's the installer or unsigned drivers 64 bit systems won't work with a 16 bit installer even though the program is ok. Did you try the Windows Easy Transfer. I had a simple bike log program that wouldn't install. I experimented and Easy transfer worked. I did more experimenting and found that just coping the program file and subfolder and coping on the HD then opening and double clicking the registry icon also worked. I experimented on a Virtual PC first.
Joe

Maybe it's the fact i have a 64 bit system and have a custom graphics card,which makes Microsoft OS's a little unstable.
My machine hadn't crashed all weekend,then i put a DS9 DVD thru Media player,it crashed 5 mins later.:(

Fwiw. To add to my previous post. I am using both 64 and 32 Bit extensively. Only trivial software problems which have easily been dealt with. All my hardware, on two laptops and two stationaries, has been found and installed, as appropriate (32/64) correctly.

a program that worked in both Xp and Vista,,, but not 7

Audiograbber 1.8 - Best CD ripper ever

But I am trying BonkENC which appears to work.

Back