Windows 7 Compatiablity Issue

tnutty

I recently installed windows 7. I got the software from my university. The problem is that I got it to install but there
is a compatibility issue with my battery. My battery life, without it being constantly charged is about 1/2 hour. I guess that there
is compatibility issue with some driver. Please help me. I have been trying to solve this forever. I don't want to downgrade back
to vista. And Nice community.

I recently installed windows 7. I got the software from my university. The problem is that I got it to install but there
is a compatibility issue with my battery. My battery life, without it being constantly charged is about 1/2 hour. I guess that there
is compatibility issue with some driver. Please help me. I have been trying to solve this forever. I don't want to downgrade back
to vista. And Nice community.

Hmm. I'm thinking that perhaps your battery crapped out right around the time you installed Windows 7 and it is just coincidence . Get a new battery.

if your laptop meets the minimum system requirements, you can install Windows 7. System Requirements are

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

>>Hmm. I'm thinking that perhaps your battery crapped out right around the time you installed Windows 7 and it is just coincidence . Get a new battery.

No. I don't think so because its not old, maybe 1.5-2.5 yrs old.

>>1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
Yes

>>1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
Yes.

>>16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Yes

>>DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Not sure, but I know its associated with openGL though.

I have a A135-S4427 toshiba computer.

Any other ideas?

>>Hmm. I'm thinking that perhaps your battery crapped out right around the time you installed Windows 7 and it is just coincidence . Get a new battery.

No. I don't think so because its not old, maybe 1.5-2.5 yrs old.

Ohkeedohkee. I forgot that nothing ever fails after only 2.5 years. What was I thinking? My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
There cannot be a "compatibilty issue" with a battery and the OS. You battery could easily have failed after that period of time, although it is a +/- situatio - some go on literally forever. But, what was the useable period of you battery, without charge, before? ½ hour seems not to bad. I have two laptops and neither will go that long??

But, before dipping your hand in your wallet, check that you havn't dislodged an outside connection through your cable and battery pack to the main power.

P.s. I am not sure of the intention of Hannakelly's pst, but I cannot see that a reinstall will help you in any way.

Before upgrading, I had about 3 hour-ish, battery life. I highly doubt that it was a coincidence that my battery
failed at the same time of upgrade, unless the upgrading did something to it? I could re-install it but, it might not help.

>>check that you havn't dislodged an outside connection through your cable and battery pack to the main power.

What do you mean?

Be sure that you have the current motherboard drivers installed. Most laptops will slow the processor and peripherals to conserve battery life when unplugged. If drivers don't slow things down then battery will drain faster.

Good point! Maybe the "power management" settings are maxed out for a "desktop" setting and sucking the battery dry. But going from 3 hours to 1/2 hour? Battery could still be on it's last legs.

>>Be sure that you have the current motherboard drivers installed. Most laptops will slow the processor and peripherals to conserve battery life when unplugged. If drivers don't slow things down then battery will drain faster.

How do I go about doing this?

You should re-install the "Toshiba Power Saver" application from Toshiba's website, it optimizes a computers hardware for power consumption and performance.
Sorry I'm having a connection problem right now and can't get to a few websites, TOSHIBA's being one of them.
Just find your model on the Toshiba website and there should be drivers posted there.

I'm running on A135-S4427 toshiba. I am searching for it, and found a manual but can you also help me find the correct
driver?

I'm not sure of where you could download it as I no longer have any Toshiba computers
I looked up your model on their website and couldn't find the application..
This happens to many people though, it's mainly because the latest drivers for their model aren't installed with Windows.
Go here and get all the latest downloads (Not user manuals and such but drivers and utilities.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hope this helps.
(Manufacturers drivers help improve battery life).

Thanks Mitch. I guess I just download updates and see what happens. Its just wired that my battery
gets corrupted exactly when I upgraded. If anything comes up I will let you know, and I will visit this
thread daily to see if anyone else has a solution.

Back
Top Bottom