Windows Vista Compatibility issues?

I'm trying to run Instaform Invoice and Estimates Pro v2.0. When I go to email an invoice(or anything within the program), I get an error message that says "could not configure PDF driver Error Code:-8". It worked in XP and I have checked the compatibility....apparently it is 32 bit but I was under the impression that you could change the the way the current OS "sees" it under "properties".....?

I am now running Vista x64. Is this a DRIVER or OS issue and how do I resolve it?

Thanks,
Brandon

So let me get this right? Your OS Vista 64 bit, yet the program is for 32 bit, if that's the case I'd think you might be having issues there?

Well, yes, I understand the obvious. However, it is my understanding that most of the programs that will run on 32-bit XP will run on any Vista......no??

Well, yes, I understand the obvious. However, it is my understanding that most of the programs that will run on 32-bit XP will run on any Vista......no??

Well yes an no, but given how long vista has been out now most programs should work on vista by now, is the program a new one or an old one that's designed to run on XP? Also cheek the program makers website for info, drivers and anything thing else they might have on there about compatibility of there programs.

An yes there's program compatibility option when your right click, but I've had highly limited success using that option:frown:

Hmmmm a quick Google of your program Link Removed due to 404 Error

"System Requirements

• OS Required Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition"
I see NO vista listed:eek: Your Program might really be designed for use on last 9x generation versions of windows

OK OK STOP THE PRESS!

I managed to track down the Developer of your program, Go here to the link I'm about to give you an down load the patch for Vista Compatibility

http://www.novadevelopment.com/Support/Updates.aspx

It list "Invoices & Estimates :
This update adds Vista compatibility."

Yeah, did all that. Back to that error message though, where would the drivers be that it can't configure......the OS, the program itself, or the PDF program?

Hi! I was curious and decided to look up your problem. It says it is not compatible with Vista 64 bit. The update is only for a 32 bit. I would suggest calling "Nova" maybe they call work out a solution. I wonder if this program could be run with a virual type program?? Not sure really. You might ask if they will have a driver for a 64 bit. *****http://www.virtualbox.org/ ---Sun has just introduced a 64 bit program- You would need a tech experienced at running Virtual Programs to help you....

Back