Windows 7 Compattibilty Issues with Windows 7 Upgrade

barb311

I tried to upgrade Windows 7 34-bit Home Premium to my Sony VGNSZ-440 with 34-bit Vista Home Premium. It would not upgrade because of a few compatibility issues. It was not compatible with Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba. Should I uninstall the driver to a back-up disk and try to reinstall it when Window 7 installs, or try to find a new driver? I looked on the internet and couldn't find one. I do need the bluetooth. Also, it is not compatible with System Mechanic 6, which I can't even find on my hard drive. How do I get around this? It also asks me to "deauthorize" iTunes. How do I do that? Thanks.

Barb

I tried to upgrade Windows 7 34-bit Home Premium to my Sony VGNSZ-440 with 34-bit Vista Home Premium. It would not upgrade because of a few compatibility issues. It was not compatible with Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba. Should I uninstall the driver to a back-up disk and try to reinstall it when Window 7 installs, or try to find a new driver? I looked on the internet and couldn't find one. I do need the bluetooth. Also, it is not compatible with System Mechanic 6, which I can't even find on my hard drive. How do I get around this? It also asks me to "deauthorize" iTunes. How do I do that? Thanks.

Barb
Hi Barb311
I,m in the same boat as you ,I will when my my W7 disc arrives through the post (huh uk postal strike permitting) be upgrading to W7 64 bit from Vista 64bit . Ive been reading all about the issues with Itunes and have printed of the step by step instructions from apple in readiness.
Can i ask when did it state that you need to de-authorise the account.?
According to the step by step instructions from apple it does not say about de-authorising the account on your pc, before you delete all the programmes associated with itunes ,does this mean if I put in a new operating system ie. W7 will it still reconise my account, and more importantly my credit with apple. I hope someone out there can help us on this issue.
As for you bluetooth stack by toshiba, (v3.03.11s)on disc) I think i had the same one as you, I dont think it is compatible with W7.
Hope this has helped,
Regards
K3VLY

Answer to Your Question

Hi K3VLY,

I got the notice about iTunes after the installation ran the compatibility software at the beginning of the upgrade process. I'm going to check the iTunes website to see what they say. Good luck.

Barb

Back
Top Bottom