Windows 7 Comptability error!

SereneTW

I have Sony Laptop with windows 7 Starter(32bit). THis PC was 3 yrs old and was running very slow. So, i tried to format it and install new windows 7.
But the problem is I cannot upgrade. It says to start the PC normally without using boot CD/USB and try installing from windows. I couldnt install a fresh copy because it gave me error saying some files are missing.
So, i installed XP but during the installation some problem occured so now i cannot install anything or access windows system files like control panel and stuff.

The only option is too boot. Also, if any one could give me a link to good Xp iso file that would really help me.
I was thinking to install Xp without any errors and installing windows 7 through XP.

Messed up :p

There are no legal copies of XP ISO available.

You should be able to restore you laptop to factory condition (like new) from the hidden partition where the OS is stored using the Sony laptop recovery software.

Have a look at this......

Wish i knew this before formatting. When i press f10 its says reinstall system32/hal.dll.
Question. 1.Will it(Sony recovery) work through CD/USB drive?
2. Can i install window 7 professional or any other version in this laptop?
3. Is illegal/piracy talk not allowed in here?

Last edited:
1. No...it's a hidden partition (usually the D drive) on all OEM PC/Laptops. It's done internally. All software is all ready installed...just follow the video. It should be the same for you make/model laptop.

2. Yes....but you'll need a new product key.

3. Absolutely NOT!!!!!

I installed Xp. XP didnt install network drivers/video/audio/ethernet etc.
But working

That's because you have to download them from your laptop support/downloads page....if they have any drivers for XP. As you know XP is no longer supported by MS which means that vendors have quit supporting it as well.

Back
Top Bottom