My computer specs are:

Intel CPU Intel Core i7 6700 Quad Core LGA 1151 3.4GHz CPU Processor

Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 DDR4 2133MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM Black

Crucial BX200 480G 2.5inch SSD

Corsair RM550x 550W Power Supply Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold

Corsair Hydro Series H55 For Low-Noise, High-Value All-in-One Liquid Cooling

NZXT S340 Mid Tower Case Black/Blue

MSI H170 Gaming M3 LGA 1151 Motherboard

I'm currently using On-Board graphics and every now and then my computer just randomly freezes. Some people are telling me it may be me not having a GFX card yet and some are telling me otherwise.. I'm not sure why it keeps freezing. It only shuts down after the freeze when i hold down the power button.. Would appreciate some guidance. (This pc is only 2 weeks old)

Freezing on a new system & failing to shutdown correctly is almost always a driver... did this system come with wx installed by the shop or you did it yourself?
as you have wx it will want to do updates whenever the hell it feels like it so your first choice is yes let Microsoft handle that or no thanks I'll take control.
if you are going to take control then go to the support page for that mother board and make sure your drivers are up to date... I don't recomend mucking about with bios but the others are a good idea.

support page = Support For H170 GAMING M3 | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Windows computer will typically slow down as applications are installed and files are filled in it when you are playing games, surfing the Internet, using a word processor, writing a spreadsheet, or doing anything else.
The Main causes that affect your computer speed are:
Cause 1. Less and less processing power and available memory.
Cause 2. Drivers are corrupted, outdated, missing or broken.
Cause 3. Unexpected reboots and crashes.
Cause 4. Unknown or miscellaneous
I experience same problem as you and this driver software "driver talent" helped me to solve the problem.

"driver talent" helped me to solve the problem.

Even so, driver update utilities are notoriously bad and no tech' in his right mind would advise using such software.

You are always and I mean always better off finding the drivers yourself from the systems manufacturer of either the laptop or motherboard your using.
@ussnorway supplied your driver support page above so please follow that.

Read this as way of information:
The Only Safe Way to Update Your Hardware Drivers on Windows

Last edited:
@kemical
I searched the driver from manufacture website before but it is hard to find the correct one, more precisely, I don't know which one is the correct. So I use this automatic driver updating software upon a chance. However, after using it, I think I love it and it indeed helped me a lot about the driver issues.
Personally, I think this kind of software is not always good for everyone especially those skilled, but it must help many people like me and those who are less knowledgeable than me. For instance, those who don't know where the source of the problem is when something went wrong with the computer can't find and install drivers on their own.

I searched the driver from manufacture website before but it is hard to find the correct one, more precisely, I don't know which one is the correct. So I use this automatic driver updating software upon a chance. However, after using it, I think I love it and it indeed helped me a lot about the driver issues.
Personally, I think this kind of software is not always good for everyone especially those skilled, but it must help many people like me and those who are less knowledgeable than me. For instance, those who don't know where the source of the problem is when something went wrong with the computer can't find and install drivers on their own.

Sure it can help but it's a little like Russian roulette and ideally it's better if you can learn to do without such applications.

Good explanation kemical! :up: It's really an argument for doing things the "right way" or the "wrong way". The fact that it worked for you robot, is great; but we repair hundreds, thousands, and more computers for a living here and see many many more repairs than you will ever see in your lifetime. If you continue to use it, that's fine--but, we certainly don't recommend it as a savvy tech community.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back