Windows 7 Computer Not Booting After Sleep Mode

bauer24

Hi,

I currently have a genuine 64bit version of Windows 7, with an Intel Q9550, ATI XFX 4890 graphics card, 4gb RAM. The PC is connected to my BenQ monitor with a DVI output. Earlier today i accidentally put my computer into sleep mode, my brother not knowing it was on sleep mode, turned the PC on/off from the mains and noticed it was not booting fully.

The computer powers on, there is no "beep" and i get a message on the monitor saying no signal detected . The mouse and keyboard are not working during boot up. I have tried resetting and shutting down, but the problem remains. I hope i don't have to format as i have not backed up the data for some time.

Thank You.

I do not have access to the BIOS menu. When I power on I get a message on the monitor saying no signal detected.

The vendor from who I purchased from told me to move the jumpers on the motherboard.

A few people said online to take out the cmos battery and put it back in.

I do not have access to the BIOS menu. When I power on I get a message on the monitor saying no signal detected.

The vendor from who I purchased from told me to move the jumpers on the motherboard.

A few people said online to take out the cmos battery and put it back in.
Both of those suggestions should accomplish the same thing (resetting the bios) You may first want to try removing the power cord from the back of the computer or if easier from the wall, wait five minutes and plug it back in and see if that changes anything. Otherwise resetting the bios maybe your best option. Read the manual for your mainboard and find the "Clear CMOS" jumper and proceed according to the directions there.

Back