Windows 7 Conexant SmartAudio HD driver issues

lukekelly

Audio driver: Conexant SmartAudio HD.
Laptop:
Toshiba Satellite L655-s5155.
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

The problem is this: After few seconds of recording a consistent and uninterrupted signal, the volume suddenly drops to where you can barely hear it. Sometimes there would be a click in the signal either near the beginning of the recording or right before the volume decreases drastically. But if the signal is frequently interrupted or really dynamic in volume, there's no problems. So, I'm able to record but if the sound signal itself doesn't fluctuate enough in volume, then the audio driver will make it really quiet.

I've tried reinstalling the driver, rolling back the driver, recorded with both line-in and the webcam microphone, disabling and then enabling the driver, disabling and enabling audio enhancements, tried different recording programs, and yet nothing's changed.

Should I install a different yet compatible sound driver or is this a hardware issue?

Last edited:
I see you tried uninstalling and reinstalling audio driver, have you downloaded the most current audio driver for your laptop? The sound driver is on page 2, latest version 7/14/2010. Select downloads, the select your OS.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I see you tried uninstalling and reinstalling audio driver, have you downloaded the most current audio driver for your laptop? The sound driver is on page 2, latest version 7/14/2010. Select downloads, the select your OS.

Model Content Page

I actually fixed my own problem by going to sound, microphone, then to the advanced tab, and unchecked "enable audio enhancements" under "Signal Enhancements."
But to answer your question, I did try to update my driver (Driver Version: 4.119.0.60. Driver Date: 4/14/2010) but it says that it's already up to date. But I'll go ahead and follow your suggestion just to make sure everything's actually updated. Thank you.

Back