Configuring a Firewalls Blocked Program's Exception List

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but i was wondering if anyone could help me configure my firewall settings.

I want to block a program from allowing IP's from accessing my computer. The program is a virtual world, i want to block ALL IP's, apart from the ones i need to to connect to the program with. This is possible? The thing is, i made a blocking rule, but i can't seem to locate where to add exceptions.

I can't just make a rule and define which IP's i wish to block, because i don't know what those IP's are, i only know which ones i want to allow. I hope that's clear enough of an explanation.

Appreciate any help.

Over a hundred views and not one person knows how? I guess i'm not the only one who can't figure it out.

Do you mean Windows 7 Firewall ?

I want to block a program from allowing IP's from accessing my computer. The program is a virtual world, i want to block ALL IP's, apart from the ones i need to to connect to the program with. This is possible? The thing is, i made a blocking rule, but i can't seem to locate where to add exceptions.
I am not sure it is possible with Windows 7 Firewall. To block a program (like a virtual machine) on all ports but one specified ?

1. To add a new inbound rule :

Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound Rules -> New Rule

2. To add programs :

Firewall -> Settings -> Exceptions Tab:

Well, i want to access a program, which is a virtual world. Okay, so, while logged into this virtual world, there will be lots of IP's trying to access my system, some i need(to actually log into the virtual world), and i know what those specific IP's are, most are unrelated and i don't need, like media streams and such(those ones i don't know, but still wish to block).

So, what i want to do is just block, or make a rule, for the entire program(the virtual world), then add a list of accepted IP's that can access my system from said program. Making a rule to block the program is easy enough, but how do i add a list of accepted IP's for it?

Maybe it can't be done via Win7 firewall... i may have to use an outside program. Any help is appreciated.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Have you checked the program you seem to be running for a way to block or allow individual access?

Is this the kind of thing you can allow by a user name or some other identifier, or is it strictly IP address?

I am not the expert here for this, or even that experienced with such a thing, but you might check for some type of network traffic monitoring program that will tell you what IP address your computer is connected to.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.