Windows 7 Connecting Notebook to TV with Displayport-Adapter

danielsge

Hi,

I've been trying for more than two months to get my notebook (Lenovo X-201 + Ultrabase) connected to my TV via HDMI cable 15m + Displayportadapter.

Actually it does not work. I had a try with Ubuntu and at least went well with first connecting a 3m cable + Adapter and then switching to the 15m cable.

So I can exclude, that one of the cables or the adapter is damaged.

Back to Windows 7.

After plugging in the 15m cable Windows set up an additional VGA display adapter, which is without function. (ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting )

So since then the 3m cable did not work either.

I guess the main problem is that silly adapter, but I wasn't able to delete it yet.

Fortunately you know how to do.

Welcome to the forums :)
When you press Win+P, can you verify your screen is setup to be displayed on your TV?

Why do you need the display adapter? I take it your TV does not have HDMI ports?

My TV got HDMI ports. I need the adapter (Displayport --> HDMI) as my notebook does not provide any, but a displayport. So there shouldn't have been any need to add a VGA-Adapter. What maybe lead to misunderstanding is that I do have a physical Adapter Displayport --> HDMI but Windows added a VGA-Adapter (no, there are no external drivers).

I checked several times if configuration is right. What you can see on my screenshot is my second display connected, so just ignore it. Also you can see, that most options for this VGA-Adapter are grayed out.

Do you have the latest driver updates for the video card? I'm not very good at reading foreign languages, but the simple term "VGA" by itself can indicate a lack of proper drivers.

I definitely have the latest driver update. I also tried removing Graphics Card via Device Manager without success.

Back