Windows Vista Conned. Again

Douglas

I have had a PC since MOS through 98, Millenium, and the exellent XP. When purchasing my first laptop I decided to embrace the new technology and go for Vista, problems, sure, but with the help of this forum now running OK. So when I bought another laptop for my wife I had no choice but to go for Vista. and awe learn that MS are unhappy with it and are replacing it with 7. Are we going to get free upgrades or have we been conned again, It's the users who are doing the work that MS should have done and paying for the privelidge and and I the only one who is brassed off by this. Should have kept that old Mac
Douglas

Microsoft assured me that it is better to have Vista first than to go directly to Windows 7. I don't know about the price yet. However, the first Windows 7 beta release is promised for the early part of 2009

No offense but where did you read
"and awe learn that MS are unhappy with it and are replacing it with 7"

I havn't read such a positive statement from MS' although I have read a few similar, unsupported, guesses from pundits on the web. On the cotrary, they seemed to be reasonably happy with Vista. "7" is coming out in the usual timeframe and, of course, any subsequent OS is meant to replace that which preceeded it.
Read Celstra's comment. Windows Vista is a good lead into 64 bit and to, what will probably be, new interfacing and navigation.
Personly, I have looked at the very early releases of 7 and, at this premature stage, do not see myself upgrading to 7 in the immediate future.

Well, I read it in a news paper, back to Celestra's comment however, how does this help a first time buyer/user to get along with Windows 7 if they have no experience of Vista ?...
My PC was custom built in 97 since then I have been able to prove ownwership of the OS disc and always got a refund when upgrading. Now I have two laptops as well and there is only one reinstallation disc, for the Dell only, and no re-installation disc of any kind with the Sony and presumably have pay the full price to upgrade
Still not best pleased
Douglas

I have had a PC since MOS through 98, Millenium, and the exellent XP. When purchasing my first laptop I decided to embrace the new technology and go for Vista, problems, sure, but with the help of this forum now running OK. So when I bought another laptop for my wife I had no choice but to go for Vista. and awe learn that MS are unhappy with it and are replacing it with 7. Are we going to get free upgrades or have we been conned again, It's the users who are doing the work that MS should have done and paying for the privelidge and and I the only one who is brassed off by this. Should have kept that old Mac
Douglas

What on earth are you talking about? Since the beginning, Microsoft (along with apple for that matter) have released new operating systems every 2-3 years. XP was an exception to this rule of course, but there's no reason why Microsoft shouldn't go back to new releases more frequently. I'm a happy vista user, but did I expect Vista to be the latest OS for as long as XP was? Of course not.

And anyway... what exactly are you trying to say in your post? Do you wish microsoft had warned you when you bought your new vista laptop that they might be bringing a new OS out in a couple of years? What planet are you living on?!?!? Do you wish that held off buying a new computer for TWO OR THREE WHOLE YEARS so you could have 7 instead of vista? You're nuts!

Vista is a very capable operating system and I honestly can't see why windows 7 coming out sooner rather than later should have any effect on that.

One more comment here- Although Windows 7 will work with older systems. They mean that it was built with Vista in mind. Your computer will be a better operating system with Vista than the other systems. There probably will be discounts to Vista owners, wouldn't you ? It's just good business!

And always remembr the bottom line. There is no reason to purchase every new release if the old one is working well for you.

I had to get a new computer and my sis got me one for Christmas with Vista on it. God, I hate it. The search bar does not
work.

All of my sim files are blank., no icons whatsoever. It freezes on me.

I can't find half of my files after I download them. It sucks big time Vista boo!!! :mad]

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your not enjoying vista but it seems folks either love it or hate it!

If you'd like to persevere with this os then I recommend you reading the Tweakguides guide to using vista. It's a bit of a read although you can just read certain chapters which feel most relevant...
You'll need a PDF reader such as 'Adobe Reader': Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions : or Foxit Reader: Foxit Software:

You can download the Tweakguides vista companion here: TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion

Another guide which is helpfull can be found here: TweakGuides.com - Vista Annoyances Resolved
http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Back