Consistent Image Scaling problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by FFloader, Nov 26, 2009.

1. FFloader

FFloader New Member

Hi,

I seem to have a problem regarding image scaling. I have a HP Elitebook 8730w, btw. When I change my resolution to something other that the native resolution, I get black bars all around the screen. I searched the internet for days, and every 'supposed solution' simply didn't work.
    (I recently upgraded Vista to 7 (clean install) btw, everything ran fine in Vista)

Here are the things I tried:

Updated my graphics driver (I have a ATI mobility radeon HD 3670).
    Fully updated windows,
    Checked the image scaling options in CCC, nothing happens.

I'm at a loss, really. I would be VERY grateful (and suprised) if you have a solution.
    Can you help me, or do I have to consult the ATI helpdesk about this problem?

Thanks, Chris

2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

I had a similar problem with my HD 4850 when switching from vista to win7. I actually found a fix inside the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Open CCC and somewhere in the display configuration for your monitor ensure that there is no over/underscan.

For some reason my CCC had a small degree of underscan turned on which led to the black bars you mentioned. A word of caution, when you start your games up and pick the native resolution the underscan may show up again. Just turn on any options for windowed mode and/or full screen and then turn off windowed mode again and the black bars should go away. Hope that helps!

3. FFloader

FFloader New Member

Thanks for the email. I'm only using the LCD monitor of my laptop, so scaling options aren't available.
    I noticed that some low resolutions (like 800x600) DO work when I switch on image scaling options, really strange.

4. FFloader

FFloader New Member

This problem is NOT fixed, btw....

5. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

I'm sorry,. that's all i have